Recipe by ladypit
A nice pancake from Sarah Schlesinger's "500 Fat Free Recipes." These are good with chunky cinnamon applesauce on top!
Top Review by Atomic Girl Cooks!
A nice change from regular pancakes. I loved the gingersnap flavour. I found they got a little dark - might try a lower temperature next time. Delicious with good old maple syrup. Might try spreading them with apple butter sometime. A great recipe to add to my Weight Watchers repertoire!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 egg whites, at room temp
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and cloves into a bowl.
- Stir in the milk, apple butter, and molasses.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Using about 1/4 cup, put the batter onto a non-stick griddle or a pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Flip them when the top is covered with bubbles and they are starting to brown on the edges.
- Cook for about 2 more minutes or until they are brown.