Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice pancake from Sarah Schlesinger's "500 Fat Free Recipes." These are good with chunky cinnamon applesauce on top!
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and cloves into a bowl.
- Stir in the milk, apple butter, and molasses.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Using about 1/4 cup, put the batter onto a non-stick griddle or a pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Flip them when the top is covered with bubbles and they are starting to brown on the edges.
- Cook for about 2 more minutes or until they are brown.
A nice change from regular pancakes. I loved the gingersnap flavour. I found they got a little dark - might try a lower temperature next time. Delicious with good old maple syrup. Might try spreading them with apple butter sometime. A great recipe to add to my Weight Watchers repertoire!
These pancakes were good, especially for being fat free! I would have liked more apple butter flavor so next time I may flip the amounts of molasses and apple butter. Nice and spicy, great with maple syrup - thanks for sharing the recipe!
These were delightful for a snowy Sunday morning breakfast. They wanted to stick in the middle after the flip but it wasn't a big enough problem that I wouldn't make them again. They are light, fluffy and so yummy with the apple butter and spice. I topped it with a sugar free maple flavored syrup and totally enjoyed them. Heres a guilt free and yummy gingerbread like pancake that everyone will enjoy.