Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is part of a personal quest of coming up with easy, fat free alternatives to artery-clogging old school heavies. If you substitute or vary ingredients sensibly, it will probably be hard to go wrong. Garlic and salt should be adjusted to taste.
- 2 lbs baby yukon gold potatoes
- 16 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Wash and boil potatoes in water until appropriately tender.
- While potatoes are boiling, add sour cream, garlic and salt to suitably-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain potatoes and mash using masher.
- Add sour cream mixture to mashed potatoes and mash and stir until well combined.
- Transfer everything to oven-safe baking/serving dish (depth of potatoes should be about 3 inches).
- Bake for 15 minutes to serve hot.