Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks with 3/4 cup reserved juice, can be used in place of the fresh pineapple and the pineapple juice. Papayas can be used in place of mangoes, or use both! Plan ahead this needs to chill for 8 hours before using.
- 1 small fresh pineapple (peeled, cored and diced)
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice (can use less)
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 6 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 large mango, peeled and cubed (can use 2 mangoes)
- In a large glass bowl stir all ingredients together; cover and chill for 8 hours (tossing the fruit occasionally in the juice) before serving.
- Adjust sweetness to taste.
This fruit salad was great. I used canned pineapple instead of fresh. This was quick and easy to put together and the lime juice adds a little tang to it. I didn't reduce the amount of the honey because it was just right. Reviewed for ZWT5.
We loved this fruit salad. We have 9 in our family and the children even seemed to enjoy the salad. I don't think they thought they would like it at first because of the mango, but they did. It was a wonderful winter salad. We did use canned pineapple. I am sure fresh pineapple would have been more delicious!
Ohhh, you don't know how much I loved this. All my favourite tropical fruit in one bowl! Seriously, you couldn't have asked for a better combination. But I did reduce the honey, though, because I thought it was going to be too sweet.