Recipe by Katie #7
Do you ever see those recipes that advise people to use "fat free tortillas?" I've never seen them in the stores, ever. So this is a great way to enjoy tortillas without the fat and cholesterol. I often make a bunch and then cut some of them up for tortilla chips and then freeze the rest of them.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well. Add fat-free mayonnaise and use pastry blender (or fork) and blend until flour mixture appears to be coarse throughout.
- Add hot water and stir well. Knead in extra flour. Cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Set iron griddle over medium to medium-high heat. Tear off a piece of dough, roll into a ball (approximately 2 1/2-inches).
- On well-floured board, roll dough out into a circular flat form as thin as possible (less than 1/8-inch thickness) approximately 6 inches in diameter. Add more flour if dough is sticky.
- Place tortilla on heated griddle and allow it to bubble slightly. Heat for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Flip tortilla and brown other side approximately 1 minute longer. If tortilla has browned in variable spots and does not have a dough-like texture, then it is done.