Recipe by Sudika
My mum and aunt submitted this uber healthy recipe in the newspaper, it originally had eggs, but we tweaked it to make it eggless. Super easy! Super healthy.
- 500 ml banana puree or 4 large bananas
- 125 ml plain yogurt
- 250 ml sugar
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran (i prefer oat)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (optional) or 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Grease or spray a rectangular oven baking dish (roughly 15cm x 25 cm).
- Mix banana puree and yoghurt well. Stir in sugar and beat till sugar dissolves.
- Add bran, flour and baking powder to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Now add bicarb to boiling water and add this to your mixture and stir well. Bake at 160 degree Celsius for 45 minutes to an hour or till the cake is golden brown.
- A skewer might come out slightly sticky as this cake is very moist and dense. The cake should pull away from the sides of the dish on its own.