Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a delicious, healthy breakfast (or anytime) option for the health-conscious omelette-lover. I make these ALL the time!! They're easy to make and delicious. The ingredients I have listed can easily be customized to fit any taste, and the amount of egg substitute/egg white used depends on the size of the frying pan or how thick you want your omelette to be. Let me know what you think or what variations worked better for you!
- cooking spray
- 1 cup egg substitute (or beaten egg whites)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- Rinse and chop vegetables to desired size.
- Spray large frying pan lightly with cooking spray, then heat pan under medium-low heat.
- Pour egg substitute or beaten egg whites into heated frying pan.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cover and let cook; omelette should be flipped when the top part appears to be getting dry.
i like it because my recipe is similar, except im on the atkins diet so i try and add protein to everything, i would add a half of cup of sausage, or baked ham. other than that awesome