Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my mom's staple potluck food and I've always adored it. As we started watching our diets, we've transformed it into a fat free very light dessert!
- 1 (12 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
- 1 (24 ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mandarin orange sections
- 1 (6 ounce) packagejello fat-free sugar-free orange gelatin
- Drain pineapple and orange slices well.
- Combine cottage cheese and jello powder in blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove from blender to large mixing bowl.
- Fold in drained pineapple, then fold in cool whip, then orange 3/4 orange slices.
- Transfer to large serving bowl. Arrange remaining orange slices on top.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
Easy to make and tasted good. I've never thought to put the cheese and jello in the blender before. It came out so nice and creamy. Now if you have children that don't like cottage cheese/milk you need to try this recipe. They will never know if they don't see the empty cheese container. I made this for PAC Fall 2006
Yum, this sounds great and very low-cal. However, I'm wondering what type of jello should be used.