Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kind of chewy and dense but pretty yummy morning snack.
Make and share this Fat Free Cranberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Add orange juice concentrate, warm water and cranberries and let sit a minute.
- Beat sugar and egg and milk and add to cranberry mixture.
- Blend well the sour cream and extract into other wet ingredients.
- Dump on top of the wet mixture the flour, baking powder, soda, zest and salt and gently fold this into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Drop mixture into 6-9 spaces in muffin tin about 3/4 full each.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
My daughter recently requested cranberry muffins. That I know of she has never had cranberry muffins so I have no idea where she got the idea. I search Zaar for a recipe and this is the one I used. Am I ever glad! They were great. Very light, almost angel food cake like when I took them out of the pan. I used 1/2 C. whole wheat flour and 1/2 C. all purpose flour. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. I got 15 muffins from this. Thanks, I will definitely make these again.
This was very good - not chewy at all. I did substitute light sour cream and used fresh cranberries instead of dried. They were moist and soft. I barely folded in the dry ingredients. The chewiness could have been from overmixing. Still a good healthy snack with a tiny bit more fat from the light sour cream.
I really like this recipe i add a little extra orange juice con. to give it some extra kick but its good either way!!