Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kind of chewy and dense but pretty yummy morning snack.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 egg white
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Add orange juice concentrate, warm water and cranberries and let sit a minute.
- Beat sugar and egg and milk and add to cranberry mixture.
- Blend well the sour cream and extract into other wet ingredients.
- Dump on top of the wet mixture the flour, baking powder, soda, zest and salt and gently fold this into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Drop mixture into 6-9 spaces in muffin tin about 3/4 full each.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
My daughter recently requested cranberry muffins. That I know of she has never had cranberry muffins so I have no idea where she got the idea. I search Zaar for a recipe and this is the one I used. Am I ever glad! They were great. Very light, almost angel food cake like when I took them out of the pan. I used 1/2 C. whole wheat flour and 1/2 C. all purpose flour. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. I got 15 muffins from this. Thanks, I will definitely make these again.
This was very good - not chewy at all. I did substitute light sour cream and used fresh cranberries instead of dried. They were moist and soft. I barely folded in the dry ingredients. The chewiness could have been from overmixing. Still a good healthy snack with a tiny bit more fat from the light sour cream.
I really like this recipe i add a little extra orange juice con. to give it some extra kick but its good either way!!