Recipe by ladypit
This is a slight variation on a fat free coleslaw recipe from a Weight Watcher's cookbook. I used what I had and I have to admit that this is really good! My husband, who is not terribly fond of fat free substitutes, raved about it. Cook time is sitting time.
Top Review by ditrying
I cannot stand coleslaw but need to get more veggies in so was looking for a salad or slaw recipe that was not too awful. This one is great. The mixture of sour cream, mayonaise and mustard adds a great flavor and avoids the vinegary, sugary taste that turned me off of slaw. Great recipe, fast and easy!
- 1 (1 lb) bag coleslaw mix (or equivalent cabbage and carrots)
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the bag of coleslaw mix in a bowl and cover with water. Let it sit for 1 hour. This will allow the coleslaw to be extra crispy. After the hour drain and let sit until quite dry. Or use a salad spinner or put between paper towels.
- In a different bowl mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, and mustard. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the coleslaw mix and stir well. Cover the bowl and set it in the fridge to chill.