1/1 Photo of Fat-Free/Cholesterol-Free Bran Muffins
These muffins have no fat but you would never know it, they are extremely moist with lots of flavor --- I have not tryed it as yet but I'm quite sure that Splenda may be used in place of sugar --- you may bake in 6 jumbo muffin tins but baking time will need to be increased.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup wheat bran (miller's wheat bran)
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or use half white and whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (can use more sugar if desired) or 1/2 cup brown sugar (can use more sugar if desired)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Line 12 regular size muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a medium bowl combine the buttermilk with wheat bran; allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together the egg whites with molasses, applesauce, mashed banana and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- 5In a medium bowl combine the flour with sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- 6After the 10 minutes of sitting time add the egg mixture to the bran/buttermilk mixture; mix very well to combine, then add to the flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- 7Mix in raisins (if using).
- 8Divide into the muffin tins filling just over threee-quarters full.
- 9Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fat-Free/Cholesterol-Free Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: