Recipe by Elly in Canada
This is an adoptee and I agree with the cooks who have baked and reviewed the recipe. It is good for a fat-free treat as a chocolate cake or cupcakes!!
Top Review by Sueie
While this may not be a mud cake, it certainly hits the spot when you are dieting and want a chocolate hit. Incredibly easy and very good for such a low fat chocolate cake. Had it with weight watchers ice-cream and a few strawberries. YUMM! Look forward to trying some more of your recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup coffee, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 inch square pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk wet ingredients together.
- Blend well.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until done.
- Cool completely.
- Frost, if desired.