Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a low fat recipe for choc cake adapted from The Australian Womans Weekly "low-fat feasts". The changes I made have probably added a few grams of fat (!) but originally there is 7.5g fat per serve, Enjoy!
- 160 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 100 g firmly packed brown sugar
- 100 g firmly packed muscovado unbleached cane sugar
- 125 ml boiling water
- 4 egg yolks
- 30 g almond meal
- 50 g whole wheat flour
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to moderate. Line and flour base and sides of 20cm round cake pan.
- Combine chocolate, cocoa and sugars with water in a large bowl. Add egg yolks and stir to combine. Fold in the almond meal and flour.
- Beat egg whites to firm peaks and gently fold into chocolate mixture in 2 batches. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in mod oven for 40 minutes Let stand for 5 mins, turn onto wire rack and serve warm with berries and cream. YUM!