Recipe by ** Poppy **
Top Review by Donna Luckadoo
Poppy, This Cake was good but a little dry... I know that if you give up the Fat(and the sugar) sometimes that happens but Thanks for a Cake that I can enjoy "guilt free". I crave Chocolate cake with Icing alot and being a borderline Diabetic and overweight, I try to watch my fat and calorie intake. I even substituted Splenda for the Sugar and I used whole wheat flour. I used recipe #56881 for the Icing and topped it with a few strawberries that I picked from the Strawberry Farm here in Tennessee, and I had a delightful Treat! I also believe this recipe could be used for a Brownie by adding chopped pecans or Walnuts and a few Unsweetened chocolate chips to the batter! Thanks so Much!
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 3⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat Together and set aside first 3 ingredients.
- Sift Together all remaining ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into 10" pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack and remove when completely cool.