Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 3⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Beat Together and set aside first 3 ingredients.
- Sift Together all remaining ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into 10" pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack and remove when completely cool.
Poppy, This Cake was good but a little dry... I know that if you give up the Fat(and the sugar) sometimes that happens but Thanks for a Cake that I can enjoy "guilt free". I crave Chocolate cake with Icing alot and being a borderline Diabetic and overweight, I try to watch my fat and calorie intake. I even substituted Splenda for the Sugar and I used whole wheat flour. I used Sugar-free frosting for the Icing and topped it with a few strawberries that I picked from the Strawberry Farm here in Tennessee, and I had a delightful Treat! I also believe this recipe could be used for a Brownie by adding chopped pecans or Walnuts and a few Unsweetened chocolate chips to the batter! Thanks so Much!
I can't imagine a better fat free cake! To be honest, I used 4 whole eggs, so it wasn't entirely fat free, but still! I also used 1 c. sour cream in place of some yogurt. It easily made two- round cakes, which made a two layer cake. I melted 2 T. margarine, mixed in 1/4c. brown sugar then removed from the heat and mixed in 2 c. powdered sugar with some milk. Frosted with that and topped with a little caramel ice cream topping and a tablespoon of chopped pecans. Beautiful and tasty!