Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just the ticket when you're looking for something sweet and good for you. Save up your over-ripe bananas by peeling them and storing them in an airtight container in the freezer. Thaw them for a few seconds in the microwave before use. Because these muffins have no eggs for leavening, the vinegar is crucial in helping them rise.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas, milk and vinegar and mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry and gently stir until just mixed -- mixture will be quite thick. Divide equally among 12 muffin cups. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
I followed this recipe exactly as written. Unfortunately, I found these muffins to be very dry and rather tasteless.