Recipe by Gianni #23
A quick and light side dish that's hearty enough to be a main dish. It's aiming at an Indian curry flavor.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (1 lb) bagof cubed butternut squash
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup roughly chopped greens (arugula, spinach, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions in the chicken broth until tender. Microwave the squash for 5 minutes. Add the curry, sugar, tomato sauce and chickpeas to the onions and stir while heating until slightly thickened. Add the squash and stir and finally, add the greens and cook until wilted. Serve alone, or over a bed of rice or couscous.