This recipe is diabetic friendly, easy to make and good to eat. You can use Splenda to make it diabetic.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cherries and 1/3 of the cherry liquid in a 9 inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, sugar and milk.
- Pour batter over the cherries.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with Cool Whip Lite or Vanilla Ice Cream, Fat Free or Frozen Vanilla Yogurt.
I can't believe that I forgot to rate this. Very easy and quick to make, and came out great. Hubby and I both do Weight Watchers, and I got 2 points a serving, which was a very nice size portion! Will definitely make again.
I made the sugar free version- used Splenda- because my dad is borderline diabetic and I want to make him a special dessert for Thanksgiving. I tried this out on friends and it is very very good. I was a little concerned because the "crust" seemed really runny, but it baked up very nice. This will definitely be my go to cobbler recipe.
Wonderful! Love that it's fat free. I used fresh cherries that were close to going bad and it worked out great. I think this is the cobbler I'll use quite often. Thanks so much!