Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is diabetic friendly, easy to make and good to eat. You can use Splenda to make it diabetic.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cherries, packed in water
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk, I use 1%
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cherries and 1/3 of the cherry liquid in a 9 inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, sugar and milk.
- Pour batter over the cherries.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with Cool Whip Lite or Vanilla Ice Cream, Fat Free or Frozen Vanilla Yogurt.
So easy and so good, and low fat! I've already made this twice, once with cherries and once with plums. Both turned out really well! Thanks for the great recipe!
I can't believe that I forgot to rate this. Very easy and quick to make, and came out great. Hubby and I both do Weight Watchers, and I got 2 points a serving, which was a very nice size portion! Will definitely make again.
I made the sugar free version- used Splenda- because my dad is borderline diabetic and I want to make him a special dessert for Thanksgiving. I tried this out on friends and it is very very good. I was a little concerned because the "crust" seemed really runny, but it baked up very nice. This will definitely be my go to cobbler recipe.