Recipe by pressurecooker
This recipe was given to me by a chef I know. He didn't use fat free, but I do and it's still delicious.
Top Review by angie1031
I'm not sure if there are some ingredients missing, or there's a typo somewhere in there, because I followed the cake recipe and it was so not good. In fact I threw it all away. It was sour, not done (even with extra baking time)and really didn't smell good. I understand that it was going to be different being "fat free" but this was far too different for me. I would suggest less sour cream, more cream cheese, less lemon juice and some form of egg to help it set up.
- 1 prepared 9-inch pie shell
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat free sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
OR Pineapple Topping
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 -4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese till well blended.
- Add sour ream,stir well.
- Add lemon, sugar, and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 30 minutes at 300°F.
- Cool, add topping and then refrigerate.
- If making pineapple topping:
- Mix cornstarch in with crushed pineapple in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl; stir. Add lemon, sugar, and food color till pretty shade of yellow.
- Cook 3-5 minutes on high in microwave till thickens.
- Let cool.