Recipe by Kasha
No fat, no cholesterol, 2 points per serving and you have everything in the house to make them! These brownies have become a staple for us, very fudgy, adapted from Secrets of Fat-Free Baking, Woodruff, an excellent book you should buy if this sort of thing interests you!
Top Review by ebrbetty
I thought about not giving a review on these brownies at all, they were the worst brownies we have ever tried. the texture was rubbery,the taste awful. I made them just as the recipe states,but left out the walnuts. the cook time says 35 minutes,it was more like 15 minutes. we wach tried one then threw them away.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, stir to mix.
- Stir in the applesauce, vanilla, egg whites.
- Fold in the nuts if desired.
- Spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray, spread the batter evenly in the pan, and bake in a preheated 325 oven for 23-25 minutes, or until the edges are firm and the center almost set.
- Cool to room temp, cut into squares and eat.