Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love cheesecake and wanted to try something new with all of the blueberry I had in my fridge and realized I could make cheesecake with cottage cheese and cut the calories in half. It tastes so good and you'll never know its made from cottage cheese. My boyfriend didn't even realize haha.
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt (any flavor, I like cheese cake)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup sugar, suppliment
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup reduced fat graham cracker
- 1⁄4 cup i cant believe its not butter-flavored cooking spray (or real butter)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- heat up butter and mix it with crushed graham crackers in a pie mold and press down firmly.
- after crust is made bake it for about five minutes or until browned.
- in a blender, mix cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup splenda, milk, and yogurt until all cottage cheese cournals are smooth.
- pour mixture into pie crust and bake for 45 minutes.
- blend the rest of the berries, 1/4 splenda and apple sauce to make topping, pur over cake and bake for another five minutes.
- let cool and refidgerate.
This recipe did not turn out good on my first try. I was hopeing for a creams fat free treat and it was bland and gritty.
Stunningly fantastic and deceptively nutritious! Our whole family loved this recipe, my wife most of all! She's a cheesecake fiend, and with this new diet we're on, she hasn't been able to take part in enjoying cheesecake in a while! This is a definite make-it-again-recipe and I'll be experimenting around with the same concept and new flavors! Made for PAC 2010