- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in the yogurt until like coarse crumbs.
- Add water or milk all at once.
- Stir quickly with fork just until dough starts to stick together.
- Lay dough on lightly floured surface.
- (Dough will be soft).
- Knead gently 10 to 12 strokes.
- Roll or pat dough to 1/2-inch thick.
- Dip biscuit cutter in flour; cut dough straight down.
- Bake on foiled baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Makes approximately 10 to 12 biscuits.