Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I was looking through banana bread and cornbread recipes and I was thought "why not combine them to make a really healthy bread?!" My bread came out to 1055 calories only 115 calories per piece. You could probably indulge a little bit since this is so healthy. I am definitely not an experienced cook, this is the first bread I've made, but this bread came out very moist and delicious. It's so simple to make! cooking time includes baking and mixing
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- Combine Splenda, eggbeaters, vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients: wheat flour, cornmeal, baking soda, salt.
- Add bananas and sour cream.
- Bake at 350° until the top is lightly browned -for about 45 minutes if you bake this in an 8X8 pan.
i made this for my ds and she LOVED it! it is so delicious and amazing. i have been eating this for the past two weeks everyday for breakfast and dinner, and i've lost 4 lbs already!!!
Had some bananas beyond eating quality, but just right for baking and this recipe peaked my curriosity. It was wonderful. The DH didn't realize it was supposed to be bread and is eating it like cake. It's moist, great flavor and I'll add it to the list to make again. And I really appreciate the fact it's lower in fat and calories with the Spenda and nonfat sour cream. Delicious!