Recipe by Tinytown's Healthy Delights
Taken from one of my favorite Recipe Blogs - all credit goes to her!! http://shortbreadbakery.blogspot.com
- 3 mashed bananas (ripe, with brown spots makes them sweeter!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs, whites** (I used the boxed or fridge kind)
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free chocolate chips (or more) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together in order. Pour into lightly pam-ed 9*5" loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 20 minutes. Or In a muffin tin for 40 minutes. Let cool and ENJOY!
- **I edited this recipe as it originally came out as 15g fat and over 2000 cals. Splenda, egg whites, and bananas do not add to over 2k cals! Silly Recipezaar calorie calculator :-).
- *VEGAN TIP: You can easily make this bread VEGAN by mixing 2 tablespoons ground flax seed (or flax meal) with 6 tablespoons of hot water. Use this mixture in replace of the eggs!