Recipe by Love2Eat
I know, I know, this site certainly doesn't need another banana bread recipe...but this is truly a wonderful, moist, nearly fat-free loaf. There's just the fat in the eggs, and you could probably substitute Egg-Beaters (although I've never tried it). Even my "why do we have to eat healthy" family love it....and they all swear to hate any baked goods made with whole wheat flour!
Top Review by salundy
omg these are fantastic! i made a few modifications (used only 1/2 the suger, added 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 C chocolate chips, and used NF greek yogurt in place of sour cream) but they are so moist and tasty. you wont even miss the butter/oil!!! i made mini muffins and cooked them about 15 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar (I'm sure this could be reduced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix applesauce, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking soda, mix well.
- Add bananas and sour cream till blended.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 70 minutes.
- Note: If you don't have enough banana to measure 1 cup, use additional applesauce for the balance.