Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice substitute for the sinfully rich "real" Alfredo sauce.
- 1 quart nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Molly McButter
- 1⁄4 cup arrowroot
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- white pepper
- Combine all ingredients except for the starch, cheese and water.
- Put into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Blend together the arrowroot and cold water
- Add slowly to the sauce, stirring constantly.
- Let sauce simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly add and blend in the cheese.
- Season to taste.
Yum! We are giving this 5 stars because it is what it is. A very good fat free "Alfredo Sauce". I cut the recipe in half and there was plenty to serve 3 and some lefted over. I threw in some bay scallops during step 5 and wished I had added some slice mushrooms. This is full of flavor although DH thought it needed more salt. ??? I served it over some spinach fettuccine. This made for a wonderful dinner with a side salad and some heated bread to go with it. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2009