Recipe by KadesMom
Decadent and refreshing cake! This moist cake is incredible! The combination of pineapple and walnuts in the cake, paired with a coconut cream cheese frosting is perfect! My husband doesn't have a sweet tooth and even he goes crazy over this. It's called "Fat Cake" for a reason...sinful but oh, so good!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with pineapple.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13”x9”x2” baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator.