Recipe by Abi Fae
This is an updated recipe from my coconut almond bars. We eat these for breakfast and before the gym most days. Cooking time is fridge time.
- 16 ounces coconut butter
- 16 ounces smooth cashew butter (any nut butter is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa nibs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the three butters over very low heat. As soon as you are able to blend the ingredients, remove from heat and mix thoroughly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. This should at least double in bulk. Add in any dried fruit, nuts, and seeds that you like. You can add in chocolate or leave out the cocoa. Use any nut butter. I hugely prefer coconut butter over coconut oil because the texture is too oily for me, but some folk prefer it with coconut oil.
- Scoop into anything you can remove these from. These won't come out of metal easily. I use silicone muffin tins or drop it onto waxed paper on cookie sheets. The muffin tins are the easiest. I use about 2 T per drop (I have a 2 T coffee scoop).
- Refrigerate until solid. You can then drizzle melted chocolate over them if you like. Store in the fridge.