Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the book, Anita Stewarts Canada - The Food/ The Recipes/ The Stories This is a puffy spice cookie " best spread with butter when hot - great with tea when cold". It is credited to Norma MacLeod from Cape Breton.
- Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar, granulated sugar and egg. Beat in the molasses. Add the flour mixture.
- Combine the boiling water with the baking soda and mix into the cookie batter to make a soft dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface and cut into 3-inch rounds. Place on a well oiled or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and brown.