Egyptian version of Turkish Piyaz. Cooking and preparation time do not include soaking time overnight! Submitted for Visit Egypt / NAME forum May 2012.
- Soak beans overnight and cook without salt until soft, about 40-50 minutes (depends on which kind of bean you use).
- Drain cooked beans.
- Remove seeds from tomatoes, chop tomatoes.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Chop parsley.
- For the dressing, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, cumin and cayenne.
- Combine cooled beans, tomatoes, onions, parsley and dressing.
- If it is too tart, add a little more olive oil.