Recipe by heatherdunncook
My kids love this and it is simple to make! Has a sweet and salty flavor. you may need to add more or less creamed corn depending on how far you want to make it go. many times I have used a pound and a half of hamburger and made that stretch through eight people. My kids don't usually use bread they just mix it all together and enjoy it that way!
- 1 -3 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (26 2/3 ounce) box instant mashed potatoes, approx. 12 servings (real mashed if you prefer)
- cream-style corn (I find off brands usually work best)
- 4 -12 slices bread, of your choice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and onions in large deep sided skillet.
- In the mean time prepare mashed potatoes as directed on package. (or boil and mash as usual for non-instant potatoes) set aside.
- When hamburger is browned through add cream style corn to skillet, warm through on med. heat. stirring occasionally.
- slice bread or toast (if desired) in half, place on plate or in large bowl, place mashed potatoes in the middle and spoon mix from skillet over the top.(as much or as little as desired).
- salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!