Recipe by Theresa in Chi-town
Okay! I need to have a few recipes that I will always follow on days that I have like 15 minutes to make dinner. This is of the most asked for dinners in my house. I ALWAYS have these things on hand for a quick dinner.
Top Review by Sherry & Carl
My Husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was fast and easy to prepare and tasted delicious ! The only change I will make next time is lower the salt. A tablespoon was a bit much for us, other than that I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you for the recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef (this is optional, because it tastes just as good without the meat) (optional)
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans (I use Joan of Arc brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (12 ounce) canhot red enchilada sauce (I use la preferida brand)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (less if you do not serve it with macaroni)
- sour cream
- chopped yellow onion
- grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in extra large sauce pan. This is an optional step because I have made this both with or without the meat and it's great both ways.
- Add the 6 cans of ingredients.
- Add chili powder and salt to taste.
- Cook till it just starts to boil and it's heated through.
- I serve with elbow macaroni and top with sour cream, chopped onions, cheddar cheese and possibly some jalapenos nacho slices.