Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe I demanded from a friend after munching a piece of this delicious cake. The chunks of cherries in the cake are a nice change of pace from most other cake recipes, but you can substitute other flavors of pie filling if you like.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 (21 ounce) canwilderness cherry pie filling
- Mix all ingredients.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes in a 9 x 13 in.
- Can be served with cream cheese frosting but it's yummy without.