Recipe by EmilyStrikesAgain
When making fried rice, it's best to allow the cooked rice to cool completely before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen stir fry vegetables (snap-peas, onion, broccoli, carrots)
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, removed from packing liquid
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups cooked rice (preferably cooled)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce (optional)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add frozen vegetables; stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes. Push to edge of wok.
- Add tofu; cook, pressing to break up into pieces, until heated through and lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Push to edge of wok.
- Add eggs, stirring to scramble as they cook and separating the curds, about 3 minutes; push to edge of wok.
- Add rice; stiry fry until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir together all ingredients; toss with soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- For egg drop soup, heat chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Drizzle in beaten eggs while stirring broth to create egg noodles; season with pepper to taste. Serve in small bowls alongside fried rice.