Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love strawberries and this sauce is just awesome! Dont miss trying out this treat, please!!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 pint strawberry, washed,stemmed and halved
- Mix together sugar, 1/4 cup water and jelly in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat.
- Do so until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to boil.
- Mix lemon juice with cornflour.
- Stir into the sugar mixture.
- Cook on medium flame until slightly thickened.
- Mix in strawberries until just heated.
- Serve over slices of poundcake, if you like to!
Really good sauce and easy to make. Thanks!!!
This was very good Charishma! I used already sweetened frozen strawberrie, so left out the sugar. I used orange juice instead of lemon. Thank you for this recipe! ;)
i enjoyed this with pancakes. i find it a less laborious route when i am in too much of a hurry to make strawberry jam. this is much quicker as i dont have to keep vigil over a pot waiting for berries to condense. will make it again.