- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 pint strawberry, washed,stemmed and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar, 1/4 cup water and jelly in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat.
- Do so until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to boil.
- Mix lemon juice with cornflour.
- Stir into the sugar mixture.
- Cook on medium flame until slightly thickened.
- Mix in strawberries until just heated.
- Serve over slices of poundcake, if you like to!