Recipe by Lynne Cooks
I was low on fresh produce, but wanted to whip up a healthy pasta dish for the family. Everyone liked it so it's stayed in my cooking mix. Hope you enjoy.
- 16 ounces penne pasta (or other short pasta)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen broccoli
- 16 ounces artichoke hearts, quartered
- handful sun-dried tomato, julienned
- 8 kalamata olives, sliced (or other type)
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook pasta to directions. Cook to al dente. The last couple of minutes before pasta is done, add broccoli. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add garlic and herbs to skillet. Cook until onion softens - about five minutes.
- Add artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, olives to skillet for a couple minutes.
- Toss in pasta and broccoli until warmed through. Add pasta water if it is needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add Parmesan cheese to individual servings or toss in with pasta.