Recipe by Cathy17
Yet another recipe from Canadian Magazine, Chatelaine. What's great about their recipes is they are triple tested and always tasty. Great to dress up grilled chicken, steak, fish or burgers. Recipe is easily doubled.
- 1⁄2 firm ripe mango
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes or 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno peppers or 1 teaspoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon bottled chopped garlic or 1 clove garlic, minced (I use minced garlic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh basil or 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander or 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel mango.
- Slice fruit from stone in long thick pieces, then chop into smaller bite sized pieces.
- Chop pepper into similar-size pieces.
- Slice tomatoes into 2 or 3 rounds.
- Core and seed jalapeno, then mince.
- Thinly slice onion diagonally.
- Place all in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lime juice.
- Stir in garlic, salt and basil, coriander or cilantro until evenly mixed.
- Salsa will keep well for several hours covered in the fridge.