I got this recipe from my grandmother.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 lb sirloin steaks (I substitute 1 bag of Quorn meat-substitute grounds) or 1 lb top round steak (I substitute 1 bag of Quorn meat-substitute grounds)
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1Combine picante sauce, onions, cilantro, vegetable or olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt, and mix well.
- 2Toss beans with 1/4 cup of the picante sauce mixture; chill.
- 3Toss tomatoes and avocado with 1/4 cup of the picante sauce mixture; chill.
- 4Sprinkle meat (or meat substitute) with salt and pepepr; broil, grill, or fry to desired doneness (or just heat the meat substitute until browned and heated through).
- 5If using sirloin or round steak, slice thinly across the grain.
- 6Toss the meat or meat substitute with 1/4 cup of the picante sauce mixture.
- 7Toss lettuce with remaining picante sauce mixture and arrange on platter. Arrange beans, tomatoe mixture, and meat on greens. Serve with tortillas, if desired, and additional picante sauce.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast Steak or Quorn Fajita Salad
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.8
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 518.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 29.7 g