Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my grandmother.
Make and share this Fast Steak or Quorn Fajita Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 lb sirloin steaks (I substitute 1 bag of Quorn meat-substitute grounds) or 1 lb top round steak (I substitute 1 bag of Quorn meat-substitute grounds)
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- Combine picante sauce, onions, cilantro, vegetable or olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt, and mix well.
- Toss beans with 1/4 cup of the picante sauce mixture; chill.
- Toss tomatoes and avocado with 1/4 cup of the picante sauce mixture; chill.
- Sprinkle meat (or meat substitute) with salt and pepepr; broil, grill, or fry to desired doneness (or just heat the meat substitute until browned and heated through).
- If using sirloin or round steak, slice thinly across the grain.
- Toss the meat or meat substitute with 1/4 cup of the picante sauce mixture.
- Toss lettuce with remaining picante sauce mixture and arrange on platter. Arrange beans, tomatoe mixture, and meat on greens. Serve with tortillas, if desired, and additional picante sauce.