Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on the Meatless Mondays website. This recipe was a contest winner made by Wendy Edwards. I made it, it was delicious, and I thought I'd pass it along!
- Coat iron pan with nonstick spray and place on medium heat.
- Add onion and soy meat to pan.
- Once onion is brown or wilted add beans, sauce, tomatoes, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer over med-low heat for 15 minutes to let thicken.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add tobasco to taste.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 2-5 minutes.
This looked a little "funny" to us carnivores because our TVP had not been colored, but it tasted good and went together well. We used 2 cans of kidney beans, 1 c. TVP and 1 c. water (microwaved to expand), a 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes and 2 sm cans of tomato sauce, and skipped the tabasco (we didn't have any), then seasoned to taste.
Fast, easy, and tasty! I used a black bean burger for the protein, which I heated in the oven and diced up to throw in the chili. I also used a can of chili-style diced tomatoes. It was great with some oyster crackers and shredded cheddar cheese on top! Thanks for sharing.