Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
In a hurry? Want a quick and tasty meal for one (or two, by doubling the recipe and increasing the cooking time) This is super!
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn or 1⁄2 cup mixed vegetables
- Pierce potato and microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Cut in half and scoop out the potato.
- Using a fork mash with butter and milk.
- In a 9 x 5 glass dish, stir beef with ketchup.
- Microwave on high uncovered 1 minute.
- Stir and break up any lumps.
- Continue microwaving for 1 more minute.
- Finely chop corn or vegetables (or leave whole.
- Stir into the meat.
- Smooth into an even layer.
- Top with potatoes, covering meat evenly.
- Microwave, uncovered, 2 minutes.
- For a golden potato top, slide casserole under a preheated broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Watch to present browning.
- Cook to lukewarm before serving.
- Serve with a salad for a quick and tasty meal in a hurry.
This is great--Very tasteful. My wife God bless her made this for me a few times and i loved it. Thanks.
Very tasty and quick. It might be better to defrost frozen vegetables before mixing with the meat.