Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My whole family enjoyed these, so I'm posting a slight adaptation of the recipe here. The peanut butter and coconut milk give it a unique flavor, and it's an impressive source of balanced nutrition. Reader's Digest created "The Digest Diet" based on a review of weight loss research. If you follow their 21-day plan, you'll have two of these shakes a day (each as a meal) for the first 4 days.
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 ounces frozen berries (3/4 to 1 cup) or 1 bananas or 1 apples or 8 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or 1 tablespoon almond butter or 1 tablespoon tahini or 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter or 1⁄2 avocado
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy as a meal.