Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This easy and fast dish is great served over steamed rice with a side of Asian Slaw.
Make and share this Fast Pork and Peanut Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups water
- 1 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups boneless pork loin, 1 x 1/2 inch strips
- 6 green onions, cut on the diagonal into 1/2 inch wide slices
- 1⁄3 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Heat the water to boiling in a medium saucepand and add the ramen noodles.
- Let the water come back to a boil, drain the noodles, toss them with 1 tsp of the sesame oil, and set them aside In a blender or food processor, combine the ramen flavor packet with the vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, Tabasco, 2 Tbs vegetable oil and process until smooth.
- Set the sauce aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a wok, heat the remaining 2 Tbs vegetable oil and 1 Tbs sesame oil over high heat until almost smoking.
- Add the pork and stir fry it until it is cooked through.
- Add the green onions, toss them with the pork, and then stir in the drained ramen noodles.
- Pour the peanut sauce the pork mixture, continue to stir fry the pork and onions for another minute to heat the sauce through.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, and serve immediately.
I was not wild about this dish. It was very greasy, and served over rice as suggested, too starchy. I would suggest draining the oil before adding the ramen. Acually, skipping the ramen noodles altogether and just serving it over rice is probably a better idea.
My DH was going to cook dinner and wanted me to find a recipe for him. He likes to make stir fry so I stumbled upon this recipe and printed it out for him. It was delish! We didn't find it greasy at all, but then he forgot to put the oil on the noodles so that might have made a difference. We took leftovers to work for lunch the next day. Will definitely make this again! He said give it five stars and I agree!