Recipe by rochsann
From "Pacific Fresh" cookbook, an easy sauce for busy days. I've used it when making manicotti and of course, over plain pasta.
Top Review by Starrynews
Quick 'n easy is right! I prefer low sodium sauces, so the ease of being able to make a quick one that I can control the salt in is ideal! I used no salt added petite diced tomatoes and omitted the salt. Loved the flavor produced by the simple combo. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, pureed slightly
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper