1/1 Photo of Fast oven roasted potatoes
Always in the kitchen Connie's Note:
Love to serve these potatoes, when we are tired of mashed or baked. They are crispy on the outside and white and meaty inside. The microwave really speeds up the cooking time. Red potatoes work the best, they turn out on the sweet side, but regular Idaho or russets are fine. Margarine works the best, as butter tends to burn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and quarter potatoes.
- 2(If using reds that are blemish free, skins can be left on).
- 3Place in microwavable bowl, with water.
- 5Microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- 7Microwave 5 more minutes.
- 8(Potatoes may still be a little hard, that is okay) Drain.
- 9Place in 8 x 8 oven baking dish.
- 10Pour margarine over potatoes.
- 11Place directly under broiler.
- 12Broil until tops start to brown slightly all over.
- 13(Approx. 6 minutes) Turn potatoes and broil until lightly golden on other side.
- 14Remove and serve with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast oven roasted potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.6
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 376.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.5 g