Recipe by bwalk78
I was in a rush and had none of the usual glaze goodies, so I made one up. There may actually be one like this somewhere, but here's mine...
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Used this on our Easter ham today and everyone enjoyed the flavor/taste and I enjoyed the ease and quickness. I think this could also easily lend itself to additional spices which would be a nice change if you wanted.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Karo syrup
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 lb) ham (I used Spiral Cut Ham)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ham as directed. When fully cooked, drain juices from pan.
- Combine Karo syrup and honey in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add butter and corn starch.
- Use whisk to mix until smooth.
- Coat entire ham until all glaze is gone.
- Leave uncoverd and return to oven for 10-15 minutes, spoon glaze from pan back onto ham about every 5 minutes (until glaze in pan looks "gooey").
- Cut and serve.