Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
I was in a rush and had none of the usual glaze goodies, so I made one up. There may actually be one like this somewhere, but here's mine...
- 1 1⁄2 cups Karo syrup
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 lb) ham (I used Spiral Cut Ham)
- Cook ham as directed. When fully cooked, drain juices from pan.
- Combine Karo syrup and honey in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add butter and corn starch.
- Use whisk to mix until smooth.
- Coat entire ham until all glaze is gone.
- Leave uncoverd and return to oven for 10-15 minutes, spoon glaze from pan back onto ham about every 5 minutes (until glaze in pan looks "gooey").
- Cut and serve.
Used this on our Easter ham today and everyone enjoyed the flavor/taste and I enjoyed the ease and quickness. I think this could also easily lend itself to additional spices which would be a nice change if you wanted.
Awesome!! I even had all the ingredients in the pantry...Thanks ~ it even impressed the mother in law!