Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tender, juicy and flipping good! Stovetop fast..easy and delicious chicken for two. A springboard to individual tastes with which good cooks like to experiment. Jazz it up to suit your palate, but we enjoy it as it is! Thanks for trying this super easy recipe!
- 1 whole chicken breast (halfed with bone in)
- 2 small leeks (thin round slices)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (chopped)
- 2 fresh Italian plum tomatoes (cut into cubes)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive spread
- 6 tablespoons flavored breadcrumbs
- Wash, dry and cut chicken in half, leaving bone in, season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a frying pan on the stovetop, heat the olive oil and saute the leeks and garlic over medium-high heat until beginning to lightly brown.
- Add the cubed tomatoes.
- Add chicken breasts, bone-side down.
- Cover the pan and cook for 7-10 minutes or until one side is browned.
- Flip chicken over to breast-side down and cook till beginning to lightly brown another 5-7 minutes.
- Flip chicken and coat each breast with 1 tablespoon of olive spread.
- Top the spread with breadcrumbs, pressing firmly down onto meat.
- Flip breast over to toast breadcrumbs in the oil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip breast over again, mound the leek and tomato mixture on top of chicken and with a spatula, remove to plate.
- Serve with rice, potato or pasta!
- Flippin good!