Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good dessert that can be done a day or two ahead and frozen...add fresh fruit and you've got a great ending to any meal...Credit goes to Lucy for this recipe..thanks
- 1⁄3 cup cake flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- In a medium bow, combine flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soad, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using and electric mixer set on MEDIUM beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- In a smaller bowl, using clean beaters, beat whites on high until foamy.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; beat til stiff but not dry.
- Fold 1/3 egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Alternately fold in remaining whites and flour mixture.
- Prepare a 15" x 10" jelly roll pan lined with wax paper and greased and floured beforehand.
- Poor batter in pan, smooth top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Dust a clean tea cloth with remaining sugar.
- Turn cake out onto prepared cloth, remove wax paper and trim cake edges.
- Starting with a long side, tightly roll up cake with cloth.
- Transfer seamside down, to a wire rack to cool.
- Unroll cake; remove cloth.
- Spread cool whip and re-roll cake.
- Place seamside down on a plate and dust with confectionery sugar before serving.
- I add some chopped chocolate bits to the cool whip sometimes for a change.
I made this recipe for my mother-in-law and I never got a piece to taste it but I was told that is was great. It flipped out of the pan perfectly and rolled up without splitting. I'll definitely make this again!
this was wonderful, I filled it with sugar free cool whip and mini chocolate chips....it was gone in 10 minutes...I forgot to use cake flour and used regular flour, but still turned out great.
I tried this one. It tasted good, but not a good as I expected it to. I used lite cool whip and all purpose flour instead of cake flour.