This is a good dessert that can be done a day or two ahead and frozen...add fresh fruit and you've got a great ending to any meal...Credit goes to Lucy for this recipe..thanks
My Private Note
15" x 1 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1In a medium bow, combine flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soad, baking powder and salt.
- 2Mix well; set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, using and electric mixer set on MEDIUM beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- 4In a smaller bowl, using clean beaters, beat whites on high until foamy.
- 5Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; beat til stiff but not dry.
- 6Fold 1/3 egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- 7Alternately fold in remaining whites and flour mixture.
- 8Prepare a 15" x 10" jelly roll pan lined with wax paper and greased and floured beforehand.
- 9Poor batter in pan, smooth top.
- 10Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- 11Dust a clean tea cloth with remaining sugar.
- 12Turn cake out onto prepared cloth, remove wax paper and trim cake edges.
- 13Starting with a long side, tightly roll up cake with cloth.
- 14Transfer seamside down, to a wire rack to cool.
- 15Unroll cake; remove cloth.
- 16Spread cool whip and re-roll cake.
- 17Place seamside down on a plate and dust with confectionery sugar before serving.
- 18I add some chopped chocolate bits to the cool whip sometimes for a change.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast n' Easy Chocolate Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 193.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g