1/4 Photos of Fast Hamburger Casserole With a Mexican Twist
Leggy Peggy's Note:
This was the result of a fridge clean-up. I'm sure you could play around a lot with the measurements and ingredients. Everyone here loved it, and it was so easy. Dinner was early for a change. I decided to post it before I forgot it. Many thanks to those who have tried, enjoyed and reviewed this recipe. I always try a zmail to thank you, but can't always get through.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces pasta (I used spirals)
- 1 1/2 lbs hamburger
- 1 -2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 ounce taco seasoning (I used a whole sachet)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup taco sauce (I used medium heat, but any other would be okay)
- 1 cup sour cream (or more)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup corn kernel (optional)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions. When done, drain and set aside. By the way, I managed to finish everything else in the time that it took the pasta water to come to a boil and the pasta to then cook.
- 2When pasta water comes to a boil, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Saute the hamburger in a large frying pan. Mash with the back of a wooden spoon, so it crumbles into little pieces.
- 4When the hamburger has lost most of its pink, add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Saute until everything is softened to your taste.
- 5Add the taco seasoning and the water. Stir well and simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes -- until the water evaporates.
- 6Turn off heat to frying pan.
- 7If your frying pan is big enough, you can keep adding ingredients to it and cook it all in the same pan. Otherwise transfer the meat mixture to a Dutch oven before continuing.
- 8Add the taco sauce, sour cream, 2 cups of the cheese, and the corn, jalapenos and olives if you are using them. Stir well.
- 9Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes -- until it's nice and bubbly.
- 10Ten minutes before the casserole is done, sprinkle the last cup of cheese over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast Hamburger Casserole With a Mexican Twist
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.3
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 155.3 mg
- Sodium 1190.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 44.9 g