Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
As it is not possible to buy all of the correct ingedients in the U.S. I have created a very simple and quick curry. No curry powder used, but an interesting flavour none the less. I've been cooking curry for almost 60 years, my wife says this is her favourite. Start to finish 20 mins, so good for those with hectic lives, even a child can cook this.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 fresh chili peppers, cut lenghtwise and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 banana, in chunks
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Heat butter in wok or deep pan, add onions, garlic, chillies, turmeric, and coriander. Stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add chicken fry 1 min, add coconut milk, bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, apple and banana, and sultanas. Cook for 10 mins on low heat. Add lemon juice and garam masala stir well and serve over boiled rice.